No person is same the next second and so is you. Expectation causes disappointment. Acceptance is the only cure

Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Journey before and after Vaaranam Aayiram

It was a Tuesday night when I dared to watch the movie “Vaaranam Aayiram”. I meant it when I say dared because it was third movie that I’m watching alone – without friends or family. And both the previous movies, were according to me, a punishment for myself. The movies being Thirupatchi – Aruva for my neck and Velli thirai – nothing silver about it. Coming to VA, I wanted to watch this movie on the very day I had written my Indirect Taxes paper in my Final examination. Unfortunately, it was remaining a unfulfilled desire for 3 weeks.

There was an opportunity for me to watch it on that Tuesday. I had to travel to a place called Sengottah, which is approximately 4 hours from Madurai. By the way I was in Madurai on an official visit and had to remain there for 10 more days. I have to be at Sengottah early morning on Wednesday to accord my presence in a function. If I start on Wednesday morning from Madurai, it would be too late before I reach the place. Rather if I start in the night around 9 PM on Tuesday, I will land up there around midnight. So, I thought the right time to take bus is around 2 AM. I decided to go for the movie and take the bus.

As it was already 3 weeks since the movie was released, I had little difficulty in getting a ticket. The movie scheduled to start at 10 PM was finally curtained up at 10.30 PM. The movie was a bit slow and for that time in the night, I thought it was too seductive but for the music. Nevertheless, I liked the movie for Surya’s dedication and charm of Sameera Reddy.

Dipped in the memory of these two performances, I took bus to Sengottah at 2.45 AM. I didn’t expect by any stretch of imagination to come across a mesmerizing beauty as Surya came across in the movie during his travel. And there was none actually. I reached the place on time, “graced” the function and got blessed and was ready to come back to Madurai. It so happened that my return travel was by train. I was 25 mins before time to the station. It was a passenger train and would take 3 and ½ hours to Madurai as it was told to me. I had taken a corner seat and there were no one around at that point of time. And now again memories of previous night crept in. I was hoping against hope that there would be a girl opposite me, as Surya got in the movie. The train started from Sengottah and there were no one till then.

As I had little sleep the previous night, I was dozing. When I opened my eyes, it was Tenkasi and oh god, why are you so cruel to me. It was a lady opposite and I guess she would be around 55 years. I was thinking when I would get luckier as Surya in that movie. I told myself that it would be possible only in movies or for persons like Surya and not me nor in my life. Still, as a true Indian cricket fan could hope India to win, when India is 8 down for 85 chasing 300, I was hoping that if not opposite to me, there would be such girl somewhere around me.

Little did I knew that things are going to get worse. At a place called Rajapalayam, the lady and company vacated but was replaced by typical south Indian ladies. They were talking non-stop and in full volume. Their speech not only disturbed my sleep but also my imagination of traveling with a girl like Sameera Reddy. The journey ended at 4.30 PM and I sweared to myself that I will not expect anything of this sorts in the future realizing I’m not a Surya to sweep someone off their feet. This is not an excuse right!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn’t expect by any stretch of imagination to come across a mesmerizing beauty as Surya came across in the movie during his travel. And there was none actually.- that line was the highlight of the whole blog da......... it sums it up all.... never lose hope in what u feel and do da.... hope for the best da. may god bless u to hav a lady like u wish in ur life da

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb da..............i think tat old lady was der to remind u of the other surya ............ lol....u missed out i think .......... should hav enquired whether that lady had a beautiful gal (if not sameera atleast genelia......):-)

    ReplyDelete