No person is same the next second and so is you. Expectation causes disappointment. Acceptance is the only cure

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why my baloon?

I have never believed that one could fail in an examination when he has put in the necessary efforts. Also one can never pass an examination without putting in what is necessary. This has always been my inner thought. There have been no pity whatsoever for those who had failed the examination. And now I am in a precarious situation. I am utterly under prepared. Confidence quotient also seems to be lower this time. The time I would get for my three subjects from now on seems to be 2 days (a Sunday included) – I have already got 2 days. This would easily be my worst preparation ever for an examination. What fascinates me the most was that people around me have taken things for granted? There is this inexplicable feeling amongst them that I will be passing any case. I was never offered leave for my three exams. But there will be week of absence for a single day exam. This is the pinch of truth when you become a professional. You can never expect to be treated as a child. It is upto us to take care of the needs and demands. The world around you will be ruthless. The rules are set to be flexible where you always feel that you are at the loose end with no flexibility. Considering the demands at this stage of the career, imagining a similar situation few years down the line is a nightmare. Enjoying your space as a student is important. The days will never come back. Your mom will never wake you up with a coffee for you to study. Your dad will never stop watching TV for your studies. Your relatives and friends will never hesitate to trouble you while you study. And there will be other group of people seeking your attention depending on the stage of your life. It is important to be out of student age at the appropriate time. But also its important that you are not into professional life at very early stage. You always want somebody to pamper you when you are into professional life early. But when that doesn’t happen you feel let down and disappointed. The sum and substance is “be a student when you are supposed to be and be a professional when you are expected to be”. The 'X' factor is also missing for this exam - I am to blame for it.


1 comment: